Called them and explained the funeral situation, and the source of all knowledge at Sally Ann HQ, the cat lady who answers the phone, without consulting anyone, said "nope, we don't do that, sorry . . . "
But they'll have their hands out come Christmas time, reminding the community how wonderful they are, and of how much more wonderful they'd be if you'd drop something in the kettle (while the nice bell ringer gives you his / her / its best fake smile hoping you'll do just that.
I should have known, after last December's Red Shoes Incident. I called anyway so, if I'm questioned down the road, I can say that I did.
The next go-to people on everyone's go-to list? The St. Clair County United Way.
Tune in tomorrow.
--------------------------
Previous "The Begging Is The Hardest Part"
Next "The St. Clair County Council On Aging, Part One"
No comments:
Post a Comment