Wednesday

The St.Clair County Council On Aging, Part Three

After Google searching the Council, finding out who really is in charge, and talking to this person, I called the office a third time and asked for the young man. His title, I learned, is "Resource Advocate." I informed the YM that I'd talked to the boss, that the boss said transportation from St. Clair to Genesee County for a funeral is very doable, and that the boss had in fact given me the number of someone who promised to work on this. (That is, made a helluva lot more effort in 15 minutes than YOU did over two days so the agency could serve its purpose and actually help someone, but I didn't think I had to point that out.) 

Instead of advocating for resources, the YM ran me around in more circles. 

"I never heard of (the person in charge), " he said.

"Really?" I said. "That's strange, (this person's) name is on the web site of the agency you work for, right there in nice big readable font, kinda hard to miss, and he's got his hands in lots of things . . . " 

"That's not the boss I know . . . " (Page One of the Snowflake Operating Manual: when cornered with the truth, deny that it exists.) 

I forgot to ask: then who IS the boss you know? Your momma?  And some other things, but by this point I'd had enough of dealing with the Millennial Generation. It's like trying to pry the truth out of a nine year old. Jesus holy Christ already. Go back to surfing Facebook, then, if that's  as useful as you're going to be.

I did remember to make one final point, both to the Resource Advocate and the little miss at the front desk.  Someday, I said, YOU'RE going to get old, unless you're a millionaire YOU'RE going to need something from the social welfare system, if it's already this bad for me, I can imagine what it'll be like for YOU, and that I wish I could be there to watch YOU deal with YOUR own generation's dumbasses. 

Really . . . after each phone call to the Council on Aging, I hung up feeling the need to take a shower.  Like being violated. I do, however,  sleep better each night knowing what's ahead for the snowflakes when their time comes. They may not think so right now but, sure as the sun comes up in the east, it'll happen. 

----------

Previous "Our Readers Speak"
Next  "Try The Churches" 

------------------------------


PS -- "My Sister's Ashes" is now on Facebook. You can read text-only versions of this and all future posts at https://www.facebook.com/mysistersashes/?modal=admin_todo_tour


No comments:

Post a Comment