The story of Sashes' ashes, and her stuff, will have to go on hold while we deal with some breaking news.
Port Huron has already been named America's 1,109th best small city (population between 25K and 100K). This happened in 2015. Since then, two Starbucks have opened, and there's a new Panda Express up on 24th Avenue. All of that, I would think, should be enough to get us at least into the low 900s by now.
The Blue Water Area's Wakanda has now received another honor.
The National Council For Home Safety And Security has ranked Michigan cities, and determined that our home town is Michigan's 110th safest place to live.
Here's the top 10. I apologize for the Council's gray text on white / gray backgrounds. I sharpened it, but it's still hard to read:
All of these places have one thing in common. What could it be? If you know Michigan, go ahead and take a wild guess.
If you don't, this image, of some South Lyon do-gooders celebrating something, might help:
Notice anything about ALL of the faces?
Their names might also display a similarity. I'll bet none of these folks are named Javonne or Taquina, and none of their names have apostrophes in them.
--------------------------------------
Previous "My Sister Sashes"
Next "Blue Waterwomen"
------------
PS
-- "My Sister's Ashes" is now on Facebook. You can read text-only
versions of this and all future posts at
https://www.facebook.com/mysistersashes/?modal=admin_todo_tour


No comments:
Post a Comment