Wednesday

Bernie Strikes Again


The next post IS about another bus misadventure, that fortunately doesn't directly involve me, and doesn't involve the little witch even though she was driving on Friday, and was driving in town the next Tuesday afternoon. Refuse to lower the ramp for a temporarily disabled person and you're still driving?  What DO you need to do before Blue Water Transit fires you? Call a FAT chick FAT? I'll be that would work. But I digress . . . 

Seems the #15, the bus that serves Fort Gratiot Township, dropped its passengers at the Home Depot transfer point and took off before the buses from town that had transfers for #15 could arrive.  Bernie was at the wheel. So Bernie cost three, four -- who knows, maybe a half dozen at five in the afternoon -- people 45 minutes each, because that's how long they had to wait at the transfer point until the next departure time. 

I'd like to think that, during that 45 minutes, two of the forgotten who had been strangers began to talk, found they shared many interests, and agreed to meet for coffee at some future date. I'd also like to think that, someday when their relationship has reached Committed, they'll remember the day Bernie dumped them and think: that's the way the whole thing started, silly but it's true. 





But things don't happen like that anymore, not since  #meeetooooo, and not in Port Huron Michigan. 

And oh yes -- for anyone from Radio First who might be reading this -- the only thing your stations have that interests me are Tigers games, and I refuse to listen to them on your station (WPHM) because then I'd  have to hear the (cheaply produced) ads that remind me how wonderful Blue Water Transit is, and why I should be grateful for its existence. I know better. This also means I'm not hearing the messages from any of your other clients who advertise on Tigers games. 

Just sayin . . . (Go Tigers :) 

Previous "A Weak Back" 
Next  "Blue Water Transit's New Statue"

 PS -- "My Sister's Ashes" is now on Facebook. You can read text-only versions of this and all future posts at https://www.facebook.com/mysistersashes/?modal=admin_todo_tour  Come visit us. According to a recent personal data leak at your ISP, we know  you haven't yet.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment