Monday
A Picture Of Nothing
This is a picture of nothing.
Actually, it's the northwest corner of the Wal-Mart parking lot. This view looks towards the traffic light at 24th and the entrance. Missing from this image is a blue and white Blue Water Transit bus. It just took off.
I've boarded from this location a few dozen times over that last nine years, and have been told by more than one driver that, if I turn up here before 4:45 PM, I can get on and go home.
On the day in question -- the Tuesday before the Yard Sale Trail weekend and the Prohibited Electronic Device incident, I saw a bus at this location and ran towards it, as fast as I could while pushing a filled shopping cart. Not from the side, or the back, but directly at its front end, so the driver could see me.
I'm fifty or so yards from the bus, and I watch the driver put it in gear and leave. The FAT round brown driver -- I don't know what kind of brown she is, and until now it didn't matter -- named ERIN, who's tried this before. Only that time, up by the state park entrance, I had time to run in front of the bus and make her stop.
I got out my phone and checked the time. 4:41 PM.
On my next trip to town, I asked at the bus station on Quay Street: if I see the Burtchville Township bus parked in the corner of Wal-Mart's parking lot before 4:45 PM, can I still get on it and go home? The answer was "yes."
This cost me 90 minutes. No bus of any kind came to Wal-Mart for over an hour and, when one finally did, it took me a 30 minutes to get home.
Nine years on Blue Water Transit and I have yet to meet anyone who has anything nice to say about Brown FAT Girl, her brown FAT girl attitude, and the self-hatred that she takes out on people who ride her bus. Or try to.
Hmmm . . . old White dude wants to get on the bus, brown female driver sees him and leaves, could make an issue out of that if I wanted to. (Nah. There's bigger fish to fry. You ain't read nothin' yet. Check out our next post.)
Previous "Prohibited Electronic Device"
Next "A Weak Back"
PS -- "My Sister's Ashes" is now on Facebook. You can read text-only versions of this and all future posts at https://www.facebook.com/mysistersashes/?modal=admin_todo_tour Come visit us. According to a recent personal data leak at your ISP, we know you haven't yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
When there's a funeral to go to and no way to get there, and you don't belong to a church, what's the first source of help you t...
-
After Google searching the Council, finding out who really is in charge, and talking to this person, I called the office a third time and as...
-
Notice that the title of this post isn't "Gen Z Grows Up." Aldi Girl, and Staples Girl, and Kroger Girl, and the other youn...

No comments:
Post a Comment